SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
The Senior Accountant will assist the CFO and Controller in ensuring that financial accounting activities are completed promptly and that accurate financial reports are produced for all entities of the company. Duties will require a strong knowledge of US GAAP and thorough understanding of operational businesses processes beyond accounting. As a Senior Accountant, you will be empowered and expected to think critically, embrace new and exciting challenges as we continue to expand in the AI industry. The ideal candidate will have experience and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be poised for career growth.
- Performs financial analysis and reporting of departmental spending, various P&L, and balance sheet accounts and business activities.
- Assist in financial statement preparation and financial analysis.
- Analyzes accounting records to assess accuracy completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Perform variance analytics monthly on G/L accounts, communicating results to senior management.
- Maintain various balance sheet accounts and prepare management estimates for accruals.
- Assist in preparation of operational and cash flow projections.
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations
- Manage all tax filings (sales, franchise, and property)
- Manage fixed assets, including annual physical audit
- Perform technical accounting research, document conclusions and assess internal and external reporting implications
- Partner closely with internal business partners to develop creative solutions to business challenges and transaction workflows thru process optimization and standardization
- Document and implement policies and internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Assist in the coordination of quarterly and annual external audits, including preparing support for external audit
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
- 5–8 years of hands-on full-cycle accounting experience
- Experience working in fast paced, small to mid-sized company environment with the ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats
- Industry experience in start-ups, technology, software, SaaS & Big Four/public accounting is highly preferred
- Recent hands-on experience with routine accounting processes such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, and cash management
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, experience researching technical GAAP issues
- Committed team player, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Exceptional time management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with accounting software (i.e., Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Nexonia, Salesforce, and FloQast), along with moderate – advanced experience with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Revenue Recognition experience is highly preferred
- Proven work ethic
- The ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to arrange work in order of priority.
- Work well in a team environment and with other departments
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential financial and employee data
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com