SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
SparkCognition is looking for an innovative Data Scientist supporting Oil & Gas clients to join our team to help create the next generation of analytics and artificial intelligence solutions. At SparkCognition, you will immerse yourself in cutting-edge research and work with the latest technologies to deliver value in the Industrial IoT and Defense spaces.
- Working with customers to help solve critical problems through development and implementation of models
- Leading all phases of a model development process from data processing, feature selection and engineering, model training and testing, and synthesizing information in reports
- Using and building automated tools that enable the data scientist to more effectively perform tasks such as data cleaning, feature generation, feature selection, model building, and model validation
- Contributing to product development and deployment as well as key research areas
- US Citizenship preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Experience in oil and gas industry
- Graduate degree or above (or equivalent industry experience), in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related scientific discipline
- Understanding and experience using machine learning techniques and algorithms, including but not limited to: Linear Models, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Bayesian Techniques, Clustering, Anomaly Detection, Normal Behavior Modeling
- Experience with data science programming languages, such as Python, R, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, etc…
- Experience managing large volumes of data (terabytes or more)
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or an MPP environment a plus
- Experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, REST, React, Java/C#, SQL and no-SQL databases a plus
- Experience with NLP, Big Data Analytics, and Graphing techniques a plus
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org