SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
SparkCognition is seeking an innovative Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) to join our team and help create the next generation of machine learning solutions. The developer will work as part of a cross-functional team consisting of data scientists and engineers to tackle challenging machine learning problems and transform research into robust, deployment-ready solutions.
- Working closely with data scientists to understand core challenges
- Building automated tools to improve machine learning workflows
- Developing data visualization and wrangling tools to drive insights from big data
- Transforming machine learning research and prototypes into deployable solutions
- Designing and implementing robust and abstract interfaces to unify disparate and rapidly evolving machine learning pipelines
- Working with a highly technical team to solve novel challenges in machine learning
- Five plus years of experience in software engineering, including experience with the full software development lifecycle, production code-bases, and/or full-stack development is required
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end data science process and its common concerns and requirements, including data cleaning and exploration, feature analysis, feature selection, feature generation, and model creation, evaluation, and optimization
- Familiarity with standard machine learning techniques, including: linear models, neural networks, decision trees, bayesian techniques, clustering, anomaly detection, etc.
- Experience with OOP and ability to apply its best practices to highly technical code bases
- Experience working with common data science languages, libraries, and tools such as Python, scikit-learn, Pandas, R, Jupyter, etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Experience with container-based orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Natural scripting and prototyping mentality
- Fantastic technical communication skills
- Self-directed with a desire to collaborate with others as both a teacher and learner
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Familiarity with Apache Spark
- Familiarity with GCP/AWS/Azure
- Broad familiarity with programming languages and software technologies
- Passion for (machine) learning
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org