SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
SparkCognition is seeking a sales and strategy expert to lead our Enterprise Sales team. The VP of Sales will be responsible for overall company revenue attainment and will execute and lead all sales and revenue initiatives at SparkCognition; ensuring the company’s short and long-term revenue expansion. The VP of Sales will lead and execute a complex and often lengthy (3 months – 1 year) sales process, leveraging a consultative and relationship-based sales approach.
- Lead the Sales organization in the acquisition of new customers and the retention of existing customers
- Develop the organization’s go-to-market strategy to launch new business, increasing customer book of business and gain market share
- Strengthen current client relationships to increase client loyalty, ensure growth of existing business as well as secure new sales opportunities
- Establish performance metrics and utilize reporting tools to monitor the results of direct reports while providing concise forecasting and reporting
- Develop annual business plans for key accounts across all sales channels, including pricing, comprehensive account plans, and forecasts
- Negotiate contract terms, manage deals to a successful closing, and ensure a smooth transition to the implementation team
- Recruit, lead, coach and mentor a growing sales team by delegating responsibility, empowering decision making, and fostering collaborative communications
- Work with finance and product management functions to develop pricing policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years hands-on sales management experience in a high growth B2B SaaS sales business
- Experience hiring, scaling and leading sales teams in a Start-up/High-Growth SaaS environment is strongly preferred
- Deep network and prior experience working with large partners across industries
- Experience working with the appropriate stakeholders to guide the release or launch of new products of various sizes and scopes
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com