SparkCognition, named top 20 on CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors of 2017, is one of the fasting growing AI companies in the world. Our technology is deployed across dozens of enterprise environments with some of the largest global organizations, covering O&G, utility, manufacturing, finance, government, defense, and aerospace.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Do big challenges excite you? Are you driven to build something meaningful? Are you passionate about sales and marketing? Are you a leader who is willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to succeed?
If so, SparkCognition wants to enlist you as an Inside Sales/Sales Development Representative for Cyber Security Solutions.
SparkCognition is one of Austin’s most dynamic startups, applying artificial intelligence to the field of cyber security. By leveraging machine learning to break down the DNA of malware, SparkCognition is redefining the cyber security market and has garnered acclaim from industry analysts. SparkCognition has won numerous awards including Gartner’s “Cool Vendor”, CB Insights “AI 100” and Austin A-List “Hottest Startups”. If you have the passion and desire to disrupt industries, protect the world from cyberattacks, and be at the forefront of artificial intelligence, we want you to join us!
The ideal candidate is passionate about enterprise technology and customers. The inside sales/sales development representative will work cooperatively with SparkCognition’s field sales as well as field marketing to penetrate new business opportunities while meeting/exceeding monthly sales targets. This position requires aggressive identification and qualification of new business opportunities/prospects through cold calling, email, web, and offline based initiatives.
What you will do
- Proactively prospect new business opportunities with major accounts via cold call, email, prospecting tools, social media, and marketing leads provided
- Cold call into major accounts to uncover potential contacts and set meetings
- Ability to understand and communicate SparkCognition’s positioning on artificial intelligence, machine learning, and NLP inside the enterprise security space (Enterprise and SMB clients)
- Educate prospects/customers about terminology, features, and benefits of products in order to drive engagement
- Determine and understand a prospect company’s primary business issues to match a fitting solution
- Drive traffic to various online and offline events including (but not limited to) tradeshows, webinars, and seminars
- Ability to manage and track opportunities and pipeline in Pardot and Salesforce
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with members of the assigned territory
- Drive alignment between marketing, sales, and customer success
- Track and report on lead, prospect, and customer journeys, buyer personas, and other marketing and sales intelligence
- Professionally represent yourself and SparkCognition at all times to prospects, customers, and vendors
Who are we looking for
- 1-2+ years in a sales/business development role, preferably selling software / technology solutions and managing the “cultivation” phase of the sales cycle
- Experience working within, or aligned to, a marketing department/organization
- Cold calling experience in enterprise or B2B lead generating environments
- Background or experience in technology / information security / software selling
- Knowledge with CRM software (preferably Pardot and Salesforce)
- Proven track record of success (should have made quota consistently)
- Creative problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to embrace the team culture approach
- Works well in a matrix organization
- Self-Motivated and persistent
- Ability to multi-task while achieving quota
- Desire to grow with the company into a lucrative sales career
- Leadership and management experience
Requirements and bonus points
- This is a full time position based in Austin, TX
- The ideal candidates will have a proven track record selling new, or early to market products or solutions to enterprises. Rarely (if ever) have deals been handed to you, and you work smarter than your peers
- We do not hire order takers. We are looking for leaders. If you have been successful in sales and marketing, your a good candidate.